Sheila and Nanci - Around the World

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back Roads to Sydney!!!

At first we thought it was funny when we saw Kangaroo crossing signs.  Then we saw our first road kill roo.  We were not going to mention it, until it became apparent that roo's were frequently not making it across. 

Then we started to worry about wombats, dingos, and koalas.





Another thought which I hestitate to mention is how many times thought of Meryl Streep's famous performance when she hollered Dingo's got my baby!
The wild life is very interesting here and seems to run around unbothered by people.  However, when a Kangaroo came over to my picnic table and wanted to share my sandwhich, I thought that was a bit over the top. 


Three Sisters behind us


These strange birds are everywhere.  They are not props, inhabit areas looking for food and good wine....sound familiar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment